Commercial Projects and Strategic Relationships Manager
The Commercial Projects and Strategic Relationships Manager for Continuous Flow R&D Services at Phlow Corporation is a confident self-starter who enjoys end-to-end project management, driving collaboration across multiple functional areas and internal / external key resources, and has a passion for long-term strategic relationship management. The individual in this position will have an energy associated with managing innovation within pharmaceutical manufacturing and seeing their efforts result in novel, higher quality and more efficient offerings being brought to market. Projects managed will be highly technical in nature and involve chemistry, chemical production, and lab and manufacturing processes and environments.
Specifically, the individual will manage customer projects focused on applying Phlow’s integrated flow (continuous manufacturing) technology to small molecule active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) development. This role needs to balance relationship management with being a task master and will be accountable for revenue, profit and savings production associated with the projects they manage as well as achieving milestones on time. Within our entrepreneurial organization, this individual will have the opportunity to define the function of project and client management as it relates to the Continuous Flow R&D Services business and expand associated resources over time.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Project Management: Individual will serve as the lead for multiple projects and be responsible for project management, implementation and tracking from scoping and definition to completion. Will provide superior organization within their projects and drive superior accountability across all functions (both internal and external). Tactical responsibilities will include preparation and management of the project plans, leading meetings with client and internal teams to facilitate project progress and completion, providing regular status updates to executives within both Phlow and client organizations, and delivering projects within agreed upon timelines and budgets.
- Strategic Account Relationship Management: Act as single point of contact for the client and lead regular meetings and updates. Serve as the business liaison, interact with technical teams and subject matter experts, and be available to answer all questions and provide a superior, confidence building client experience. Be a trusted partner and exceptional representative for Phlow.
- Supporting Role in Initial Business Development Efforts: Expect that this individual will be involved in sales efforts pre-project, focused on providing insight as to Phlow’s project management process, tools and estimated project timelines. Individual will apply project management knowledge to scope potential future client engagements.
- Ongoing Client Relationship Development: Introduce new opportunities (up-sell and cross-sell) to partner organizations in an effort to deepen organizational relationships and to drive increased innovation and revenue.
- Project Performance Accountability: Revenue and milestone timeline ownership and accountability. Manage budgets, forecasts, and the building of business cases related to needed resources.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5 – 7 years demonstrated project management experience (consulting, chemical industry, pharmaceutical manufacturing ideal). Project Management Certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Chemistry or other applicable science a plus
- Knowledge of the small molecule sterile injectable drug development process is a strong plus
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Experience managing client relationships. Ability to articulate solutions to customers as a trusted advisor.
- Excellent client facing skills; desire to meet and exceed client expectations. Demonstrated cross-functional communication and collaboration skills. Able to speak to a range of business leaders in terms that make sense to them
- Core project management software expertise
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or other project management software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
- Ability to travel, as required