Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) takes a lead role in company financial planning, reporting and analysis activities; informs capital allocation decisions with robust financial analysis; informs commercial expansion and strategic growth with supporting analysis; and supports investor relations and capital raising initiatives. Assists in preparing and presenting pitch deck materials to potential investors. Partners with Commercial and Operations teams to prepare commercial portfolio analysis at the product and partner level and to evaluate new product offerings, business expansions and new lines of business. Leverages Phlow’s data sources to derive actionable insights.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial Modeling: Develops and maintains 3 to 5-year financial model that aligns with the overall corporate strategic plan. Updates financial model as required. Prepares reporting that presents the financial model in a concise and informative manner.
- Budgeting & forecasting: Leads the annual corporate budgeting process to ensure operating and capital budgets align with corporate objectives. Develops reporting that presents the budget in a meaningful manner. Works closely with finance and operations teams to ensure detail operating and capital budgets at the profit/cost center level are prepared within the corporate budgeting guidelines and communicated to the functional owners. Develops and leads periodic forecast updates and related reporting.
- Cash Flow Analysis: Leads cash flow analysis and forecasting. Works with finance, operations and business development teams to determine capital requirements and alignment with budget.
- Capital Allocation Strategy: Performs thorough financial analysis of potential business opportunities. Assesses overall value creation potential through a qualitative and quantitative assessment. Communicates findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Financial Reporting: Oversees production of the company’s monthly and quarterly management packages to report performance to senior management, including budget vs actual analysis, client analytics, key metrics, and business drivers. Works with finance team to design and automate management reports. Prepares presentation materials appropriate for the intended audience.
- Presentation Development: Key contributor to development and enhancement of pitch book presentations for potential investors, banks and key business partners. Works to uncover presentation needs and expectations from various stakeholders.
- Valuation: Tracks current VC and PE valuation trends. Develops robust valuation models and creates multiple financial milestones needed in order to achieve the highest valuation possible.
- Internal Projects: Including but not limited to; data analytics, ERP system implementation, due diligence, treasury management, process improvement etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of prior FP&A experience
- Prior pharmaceutical finance experience a plus
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Excel mastery
Education & Certifications
- BA/BS required; graduate degree in finance/business/related field or equivalent work experience required.